Saturday, February 11, 2012

Santa Handprints

I found this idea on Pinterest (it was a place you could buy these) So I found a recipe to make my own and after letting them dry for a couple of days my kids and I painted them to look like Santa heads



  Recipe:
1 c. cornstarch
2 c. baking soda
Mix these 2 ingredients together in a medium saucepan. Add:
1 1/2 c. cold water
Stir until smooth. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture reaches the consistency of slightly dry mashed potatoes. The mixture will come to a boil then start to thicken, first in lumps and then in a thick mass.Turn the mixture out onto a plate and cover it with a damp cloth while it cools. When it's cool enough to handle, knead it thoroughly on a cornstarch dusted surface until its smooth and pliable. Then store it in a tightly sealed container until its time to use.

http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1722,145182-243201,00.html

*I did find making the circles are thin will make them crack. So make it fairly thick.

No comments:

Post a Comment